A welcome return to in-person events…
A full day on site, with a range of speakers international and domestic, with topics on UNESCO’s Sustainable Development Goals, developing and promoting World Heritage Sites as sustainable tourism products, and case studies on incorporating sustainable transport solutions on site.
There will also be the opportunity to spend time exploring this magnificent World Heritage Site for the last part of the day.
Hot buffet lunch and entrance ticket to Blenheim Palace included.
If you are unable to make the day in person, World Heritage UK will be offering the opportunity to join the event digitally too.
Tickets are available by clicking here.
- 9.30 – Arrival, teas and coffees
- 10.00 – Welcome from Chris Blandford, President WHUK
- 10.05 – “World Heritage and the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals“, James Bridge, Chief Executive/Secretary General UK National Commission for UNESCO and Matthew Rabagliati, Head of Policy, Research and Communications UKNC
- 10.35 – “Energy and climate-friendly transport“, Professor Allan Hutchinson, Oxford Brookes University
- 11.05 – Q&A, chaired by Steve Ratcliffe, WHUK Trustee and Chair WHUK Events Committee
- 11.25 – morning break
- 12.05 – “The approach to Sustainable Tourism in World Heritage in Switzerland“, Kaspar Schürch, World Heritage Experience Switzerland
- 12.25 – “Sustainable tourism trends and their opportunities for World Heritage in the UK“, Rachael Farrington, Head of Tourism Affairs VisitBritain
- 12.45 – Q&A, chaired by Steve Ratcliffe
- 13.00 – lunch
- 14.00 – “Sustainability at Blenheim Palace World Heritage Site“, Dominic Hare, CEO Blenheim Palace
- 14.20 – “Sustainable Transport in Action at New Lanark“, Jane Masters, Head of Heritage & Development, New Lanark Trust
- 14.40 – “Strengthening resiliency through culture and communities“, Peter DeBrine, Destination Advisor and UNESCO sustainable tourism expert
- 15.00 – Final Q&A and quick updates on sustainability at other WHSs
- 15.15 – Tour of Blenheim Palace WHS
- 16.45 – Seminar end
Full programme and speaker details can be found by clicking here.
With support from: