Job title: Principal Officer – World Heritage
Salary: £42,503.00 – £45,495.00 per annum £22.03 – £22.58 per hour
The international significance and importance of Bath is recognised by its two World Heritage Site inscriptions. They are looking to appoint a full-time Principal Officer, World Heritage to manage the co-ordination of these designations. The main tasks are:
- be the Bath & NE Somerset Council’s lead adviser in the provision of specialist expert advice on matters relating to UNESCO World Heritage status, working closely with the Chair of the World Heritage Site Advisory Boa
- oversee the conservation, presentation and interpretation of Bath’s World Heritage Site inscriptions
- act as the intermediary between UNESCO, the UK Government and the City Council relating to World Heritage matters
- ensure that the UNESCO World Heritage status of Bath is managed and retained, and the benefits of this are maximised for the City Council and wider community and used to inform and guide Bath’s future development and regeneration
- manage the production of the World Heritage Site Management Plan, in conjunction with the Chair of the World Heritage Site Advisory Board
This is a rare, exciting and high-profile role for an experienced historic environment professional on a permanent basis. You will work within a team comprising conservation officers, planning officers, consultant advisors and other specialists as well as cross-service working with other teams such as Heritage Services, Regeneration, Transport, Housing and Sustainability. You will work closely with community representatives and relevant national bodies.
For full details and to apply, click here.
Deadline for applications is 18 August 2023. Good luck!